There are quite a few differences between what I had in Cora’s diaper bag when she was a newborn-to-1yr , to now what I have in it as a 16month old toddler. And the reality is, it’s always changing. She falls in love with a new toy, type of snack, or starts a new phase where I need different items inside. But I thought it would be fun to tell you what I have in my toddlers diaper bag at this stage. I do want to add that I’m a bag lady. Bags have always been my thing & the way I reward myself so when I chose a diaper bag, I chose fashion & function. Which is why I LOVE the LilyJade line. They are big, which I love since I rather have everything possible with me lol, but they have a great bag insert for you to keep it organized. They are expensive, but it’s real leather…this bag is going to last you FOREVER!
Inside the Bag
- Diapers & Wipes– DUH! 🙂 but I’ll tell you what I don’t have related to this that I need to add in is trash bags. Whether that’s adding in a few grocery sacks in your diaper bag or using the actual sacks they sell, or another option is wet bags! Either way, I realized when we were out Monday I didn’t have that with me and I was searching my car to find something I could wrap a stinky diaper with because there was no trash can in site. Don’t make my mistake lol
- Extra Set of Clothes– This is in case of blowouts or massive spills. I also carry an extra hair bow since she sometimes throws the one she will be wearing & I won’t be able to find it. This is definitely not a must have in the diaper bag but since Cora doesn’t have much hair, without a bow, strangers can’t always tell if shes a boy or girl so this way there is no question.
- Snacks– I always keep whatever type of snack Cora’s loving in her Snack Catcher. Right now it’s Goldfish.
- Sippy– We use all different brands of sippy cups. Cora can be picky at times, so we have a lot. I always carry one with us with water/juice inside.
- Silverware– We’re at the stage that I’m trying to teach Cora to use silverware at every meal. I carry a set with us in case we go eat while out. This utensil set pictured is by far my favorite! The handles are small enough for her hands and the metal prongs actually let the food stay on. The plastic silverware are okay at times, but this style by far beats it in my opinion.
- Food Pouches– Luckily Cora likes these because they are so perfect for on-the-go. I can just toss a couple in the bag that way if shes hungry she’s all set or if we go eat & she doesn’t like what I order, she has these.
- Table Toppers– Disposable Placemats for if we go out to eat. I don’t have to worry about her dropping food on table then eating it, or playing on the table and making a mess. It’s easy and you just toss it after!
- Medicine– I don’t always have all of this in the diaper bag but Cora has been sick this week so it’s a necessity right now. I do usually always have a teething tablet or something of that kind in the bag with me. I also like to keep a couple Dr.Pops suckers in there for her. It’s a little treat but they also help with immune system and health. On a side note, if you have a babe with a runny nose….the FridaBaby Wipes are AMAZING! I’ve tried other brands but these by far work best at pulling gobs of snot out without even trying.
- Activity Books/Toys– Whatever Cora is loving at the time, that’s what I put in the bag. I recently got her an activity book and stickers that she likes to play with. The magnetic blocks are always easy & great for a restaurant. And she’s obsessed with pop-up books right now so I threw one of those in.
- Mama’s Things– I have plenty of room in my LilyJade to carry everything I need for Cora & my own items. Who wants to carry a diaper bag plus their purse….no one I’d think! So I have my wallet, keys, chapstick/lip oil, sanitizer, and my phone.
My favorite part of this diaper bag is that it doesn’t get all messy & crazy inside. The bag insert holds everything in nice organized places so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for, which is very important if you’re dealing with a cranky/ throwing fit, crying toddler. I literally only have a couple things outside of the insert..her books, and my few things. I love it! I never have a trashy, dirty diaper bag or least I haven’t yet!